Smeisty, co. ("Smeisty”, "we”, "us” or "our”) is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice (this "Privacy Notice”) explains how we collect, use, disclose, and otherwise process Personal Information (as defined below) in connection with our websites smeisty.com and apedin.io (the "Sites”), and the related content, platform, services, and other functionality offered on or through our online services and mobile applications (which are referred to together with the Sites in this Privacy Notice as the "Services”). This Privacy Notice does not address our privacy practices relating to job applicants, employees and other personnel.
What is Personal Information?
When we use the term "Personal Information” in this Privacy Notice, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to an individual. It does not include aggregated or deidentified information that is maintained in a form that is not reasonably capable of being associated with or linked to an individual.
Our Collection of Personal Information
Sometimes we collect Personal Information directly from individuals. Sometimes we collect Personal Information automatically when individuals interact with our Services. At times, we may also collect Personal Information about individuals from other sources and third parties.
Personal Information Collected Directly From You
We may collect Personal Information submitted to us by Site visitors and other users of our Services, including:
- Account Information, including your username and password, your Ethereum Wallet ID, MetaMask login information, your bio information, your social media handles, your username(s) for third-party providers’ services such as OpenSea and lazy.com, and any other account information you provide to us.
- Contact Information, including your first name, last name, email address, phone number and communication preference information.
- Inquiry and Feedback Information, including information provided in inquiries or feedback you send us, and any other testimonials or other similar content you choose to share with us.
Personal Information Automatically Collected
As is true of most digital platforms, we and our third-party providers may also collect Personal Information from your device, browsing actions and Services usage patterns automatically when you visit or interact with our Services, which may include log data (such as internet protocol (IP) address, device and software version, screen size and resolution, operating system, browser type, browser ID, the URL entered and the referring page/campaign, the date/time of visit, the time spent on our Services and any errors that may occur during the visit to our Services), analytics data (such as the electronic path taken to our Services, through our Services and when exiting our Services, as well as usage and activity on our Services) and location data (such as general geographic location based on the log data we or our third-party providers collect).
To manage cookies, you may change your browser settings to: (i) notify them when they receive a cookie, so they can choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using our Services, as some features and offerings may not work properly or at all. Depending on your device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. In addition, if you want to reject cookies across all browsers and devices, you will need to do so on each browser on each of your devices. You may also set his or her email options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you accessed our email and performed certain functions with it.
Personal Information from Third Parties
We may also obtain Personal Information from third parties. We may combine this information with other Personal Information we have about you for the reasons described below.
We may receive the same categories of Personal Information as described above from the following third parties:
- Your Employer: If you use our Services on behalf of your employer, we may receive information from your employer or another employee such as your name and contact information.
- Social Media: When you interact with our Services through various social media networks, such as when you "Like” us or follow us or share our content on Google, Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks, we may receive some information about you that you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the applicable social network. You should always review and, if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and social media networks and services before sharing information and/or linking or connecting them to other services.
- Service Providers: Our service providers may collect or process Personal Information on our behalf and share some or all of this information with us.
- Information Providers: We may, from time to time, obtain information from third-party information providers to correct or supplement Personal Information we collect. For example, we may obtain updated contact information from third-party information providers to reconnect with you.
- Publicly Available Sources: We may collect Personal Information about you that we do not otherwise have, such as contact information, employment-related information, and interest-in-services information, from publicly available sources. We may combine this information with the information we collect from an you directly. We may use this information to contact you, to send advertising or promotional materials or to personalize our Services and to better understand the demographics of the individuals with whom we interact.
Our Use of Personal Information
We use Personal Information we collect to:
- Fulfill the purpose for which the information was provided, such as to perform our contractual obligations or to deliver Services you have requested;
- Manage our organization and its day-to-day operations;
- Communicate with you, including via email, social media messages and/or in-app push notifications;
- Market our Services to you, including through email, social media messages and/or in-app push notifications;
- Ask you to complete surveys about us, our Services, and organizations we partner with; Administer, improve and personalize our Services, including by recognizing you and remembering your information when you return to our Services;
- Conduct research and analytics on our user base and our Services;
- Improve and customize our Services to address the needs and interests of our client base and other individuals we interact with;
- Test, enhance, update, and monitor the Services, and diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our property and Services, technology assets, and business;
- Defend, protect, and enforce our rights or applicable contracts and agreements;
- Prevent, investigate, or provide notice of fraud or unlawful or criminal activity; and
- Comply with legal obligations.
We may provide additional privacy disclosures if the Personal Information at issue and/our expected use case falls outside the scope of this Privacy Notice.
Our Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose Personal Information in the following ways:
- Affiliates: We may share Personal Information with other companies owned or controlled by Smeisty, and other companies owned by or under common ownership as Smeisty, including our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control), our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries owned by that holding company, particularly when we collaborate in providing the Services.
- Marketing Providers: We coordinate and share Personal Information with our marketing providers in order to communicate with you about the Services we make available.
- Customer Service and Communication Providers: We share Personal Information with third parties who assist us in providing our customer services and facilitating our communications with you.
- Other Service Providers: In addition to the third parties identified above, we engage other third-party service providers that perform business or operational services for us or on our behalf, such as hosting, content delivery, customer relationship management, product development, project tracking, infrastructure provisioning, IT services, analytics services, and administrative services.
- Other Businesses as Needed to Provide Services: We share Personal Information with other businesses that you engage with through our Services or as needed to fulfill a request.
- Business Transaction or Reorganization: We may take part in or be involved with a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of company assets. We may disclose Personal Information to a third party during negotiation of, in connection with or as an asset in such a corporate business transaction. Personal Information may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership.
- Legal Obligations and Rights: We may disclose Personal Information to third parties, such as legal advisors and law enforcement:
- in connection with the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
- to comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process;
- to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of others, including to enforce our agreements and policies;
- to detect, suppress, or prevent fraud;
- to protect the health and safety of us and others; or
- as otherwise required by applicable law.
- Otherwise with Consent or Direction: We may disclose Personal Information about you to certain other third parties or publicly with your consent or at your direction. For example, with your consent or at your direction we may post a testimonial you provide on our Services.
Children’s Personal Information
Our Services are not directed to, and we do not intend to, or knowingly, collect or solicit Personal Information from children under the age of 13. Individuals under the age of 13 should not use our Services, or otherwise provide us with any Personal Information either directly or by other means. If a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to us, we encourage the child’s parent or guardian to contact us to request that we remove the Personal Information from our systems. If we learn that any Personal Information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that Personal Information.
Links to Third-Party Websites or Services
Our Services may include links to third-party websites or services. Except where we post, link to or expressly adopt or refer to this Privacy Notice, this Privacy Notice does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, the privacy practices of any third parties. To learn about the practices of the applicable third parties, please refer to their respective privacy notices.
We may choose or be required by law to provide different or additional disclosures, relating to the processing of Personal information (as defined below) about residents of certain countries, regions or states. Please refer below for disclosures that may be applicable to you:
- Nevada: Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes permits Nevada residents to opt out of the sale of certain covered information that a website operator has collected or will collect about them. Although we do not currently sell covered information, please contact us with the subject line "Nevada Opt Out Request” if you are a Nevada resident and would like to submit such a request.
- California: California’s "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section §1798.83) permits California residents that have an established business relationship with us to request certain information regarding our disclosure of certain types of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year. Please contact us if you are a California resident and would like to submit such a request.
Updates to This Privacy Notice
We will update this Privacy Notice from time to time. When we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will change the date at the beginning of this Privacy Notice. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you by email, by prominent posting on our Sites or other Services, or through other appropriate communication channels. All changes will be effective from the date of publication unless otherwise provided.
Contact Us If you have any questions or requests in connection with this Privacy Notice or other privacy-related matters, please contact [email protected].